cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How to connect two RV082's into one LAN

Hey,

A friend of mine and me are trying to connect our RV082 together into one LAN, so that our computers see eachother in the same LAN (i.e. workgroup).

We do not want to share the internet connection, but just want to connect our RV082 routers together and acces eachothers computers.

I have added a diagram to show how we set up the VPN router.

The question is, how do we set up the VPN so we see eachother in one LAN, without adding all kinds of firewall rules in Windows 7. So when I open the workgroup on my pc (10.0.1.100) I should see his computer in the list (10.0.0.100). For example, we should be able to play a LAN game, without using Tunggle.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY

You wanted to create the VPN

You wanted to create the VPN setup by connecting two different RV82 WAN routers??? If you have the feasibility to connect two RV82 routers directly then you can go for gateway to Gateway VPN configuration in the below mentioned URl to do with.... other option would be forming the VPN tunnel between 2 sites using internet.

https://broadband.sd.gov/Knowledge%20Base/Instructions%20and%20User%20Guides/User%20Guide%20Linksys%20Router%20RV082.pdf

Regards

Karthik

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content