Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know the current throughput?

conectividade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Messrs!

I would like your help. How can I do using CLI, to know the current throughput of 2691 router?

I know that max throughput is 28Mbps and 70000 pps.

thanks in advance,

Renato

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

AFAIK you can check out the traffic traversing in & out thru the interfaces which are enabled and capable of forwarding traffic but theres no such cli which can be used to find out the throughput of the box as a whole.

regds

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If it supports the "show interfaces summary" command then you can total the RXPS and TXPS of each interface to give you an approximate figure.

HTH - plz rate if it does

Andrew.

Hello,

in addition to the other posts, you could also use the command 'show ip traffic', or configure 'ip accounting' (on the interface you want to know the throughput of), and then monitor the source and destination traffic amount with 'show ip accounting'...

HTH,

GNT

Please beware that "IP accounting" will consume more CPU resource. If you find the CPU loading reach high after enable the "IP accounting", you may need to remove it to avoid the impact to user.

o.hassairi
Level 1
Level 1

or if you want use a free software that gives u graphical presentation of in/out trafic in bps such as PRTG.

Benoit Baudin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ! 
I had the same question and I just find differents commands to help us.

1- To know the current throughput used for the last 5secs, 1 min, 5min and 60 min :
show platform hardware qfp active datapath utilization sum

2- To know the throughput configured 
sh platform hardware throughput level

3- To know the throughput monitor configuration :
show platform hardware throughput-monitor parameters

4- To know the drop statistics
show platform hardware qfp active statistics drop clear

5- To Configure monitor to send an alert on a syslog if thershold is reached.
set platform hardware throughput-monitor threshold 80 interval 60

Regards,

Benoît.B

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco