Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to know the current throughput?

Hi Messrs!

I would like your help. How can I do using CLI, to know the current throughput of 2691 router?

I know that max throughput is 28Mbps and 70000 pps.

thanks in advance,

Renato

5 REPLIES

Re: How to know the current throughput?

Hi

AFAIK you can check out the traffic traversing in & out thru the interfaces which are enabled and capable of forwarding traffic but theres no such cli which can be used to find out the throughput of the box as a whole.

regds

Hi,

If it supports the "show interfaces summary" command then you can total the RXPS and TXPS of each interface to give you an approximate figure.

HTH - plz rate if it does

Andrew.

Hello,

in addition to the other posts, you could also use the command 'show ip traffic', or configure 'ip accounting' (on the interface you want to know the throughput of), and then monitor the source and destination traffic amount with 'show ip accounting'...

HTH,

GNT

Silver

Please beware that "IP accounting" will consume more CPU resource. If you find the CPU loading reach high after enable the "IP accounting", you may need to remove it to avoid the impact to user.

or if you want use a free software that gives u graphical presentation of in/out trafic in bps such as PRTG.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content