Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Inexperienced user, 877W setup

I have been trying to get this router setup properly for a few days now, and realised that not knowing IOS is a big disadvantage as SDM is perhaps "flaky".

So far I have managed to get ADSL over POTS by sending over "ppp pap sent-username user@domain password xxxxxxx"

But the connection was unstable, being able to load a few sites at first and then loading none (DNS cache?).

My question is, what additional commands would I need to send over, and one for WLAN activation with a WPA-PSK key would be appreciated as well.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Inexperienced user, 877W setup

Cisco 877W Integrated Services Router is a wireless ADSL fixed-configuration routers that support multiple types of DSL technologies, broadband cable, and Metro Ethernet connections in small offices.

For more information on Cisco 870 series please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028a976.html

I'm going to take a stab at your connection problem. Have you configured mtu sizes? When utilizing PPPoE, the header size grows, and when the payload of a packet is large enough, the full size of the packet is larger than what can be transmitted.

To adjust this, set the following:

dialer interface - ip mtu 1492

LAN interface - ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

(the LAN interface could be bvi1, vlan1)

Good luck.

-Jeff

I have the following config.

My users are behind a Catalyst 1900.

They cannot connect to 12 websites.

I tried using the ip tcp adjust-mss command on the FA0 interface, but it would not take the command.

Any suggestions?

The ip tcp adjust-mss command is not supported in version 12.1 IOS. I would suggest upgrading to 12.2(8)T or higher.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t4/feature/guide/ft_admss.html#wp1062711

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies