cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Command Equivalent

kcgeorge
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an equivalent command in Cat IOS for "show log command" when used on a Cat OS switch.

I recently integrated a Cisco 6506 with Cat IOS on the network & want to track all the commands that have been entered by all who have access to the switch.

Thank You,

George

6 Replies 6

rdanevich
Level 1
Level 1

Thx for the link but seems that the tool wants the entire config file. I entered the Cat OS command hoping for it's equivalent IOS command...unless I am doing something wrong.

Pls advise.

Sorry about that, I never used the tool myself but kept the link when somebody else passed it along on in these forums. Cat OS is like a macintosh PC to me, I just don't get it. Unfortunately we have two major switches with the Cat OS. Thought maybe I could use it in the future. Also, I thought I had a PDF referenced url, I searched all my links and I find nothing. If you find it be sure to post it for the rest of us.

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi George,

"sh logging buffer 1023" will serve the equivalent command but you will not be able to track all the commands that have been entered by all who have access to the switch and that facility is available by configuring accounting on some aaa server.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

The options listed after logging does not list buffer.

MIDD_6500#sh logging ?

history

ip

slot

summary

The IOS ver is 12.2(18)SXF4

Hi Friend

To track all the commands being entered on your switch, you should integrate the switch with ACS server and enable tacacs+ or radius on it.

The show logging command shows only system logs and no accounting logs & user actions

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card