cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS version

ekatscisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there i would like to know if the 2811 and 2801 has the same IOS (meaning if i have the one IOS it will work for both) and how am i going to update it in one of these?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

Yes it should be fine.

If you want clarification and you have an IOS version, you can check it on the software advisor under the support tab on cisco.com

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHCHome.do?mySession=6540146&myStep=2

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

Yes it should be fine.

If you want clarification and you have an IOS version, you can check it on the software advisor under the support tab on cisco.com

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHCHome.do?mySession=6540146&myStep=2

Thanks for answering my friend but as i saw the IOS's are different :( . Thanks a lot for the link very usefull tool that i did not knew.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Hi there i would like to know if the 2811 and 2801 has the same IOS (meaning if i have the one IOS it will work for both) . . ."

Not always. The 2811 seems to have a 12.4SW that the 2801 doesn't. The 2801 seems to have a 12.3YT that the 2811 doesn't. For same version trains, they're not always both at the same release, e.g. 2801 12.4.15-XY5 vs. 2811 12.4.15-XY3.

I also found, even when the version/release is the same, actual features can be different. E.g. 2811 can support Etherchannel, 2801 doesn't.

". . . how am i going to update it in one of these? "

You load the software of your choice on the flash (assuming you have sufficient flash and RAM to support it) then boot into it. (The software can be downloaded from Cisco's web site if you have an active maintenance account.)

". . . how am i going to update it in one of these? "

Depends on the situation, but I have a 2Gb USB flash drive for situations like this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card