Replies

is 2601 router w/ ios 11.5 good for the lab..thanks

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

is 2601 router w/ ios 11.5 good for the lab..thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You do work for VZ :-) You are in the right place to start your learning process.

It's been more than 5 years since I took CCNA/CCNP exams and I am not sure what the newer tests look like and hence, I can't comment on how much Cisco tests on newer features. But, if I have to guess there would be a decent amount of emphasis on newer features.

If you can you should definitely upgrade to a newer version. Is there a problem upgrading the IOS? VZ can help you if you have any problems with upgrading the image.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

That's a really old code. You might want to upgrade to an image that's 12.2 or later. Of course, you need to make sure the routers have enough flash/DRAM to support the image you choose.

If you can't upgrade the image for any reason you can still use the router(s) to test most of the routing functionality and features except it mayn't support some of the newer features with the later IOS version.

HTH

Sundar

hey sandar I see that you work for the same company that I work for ... :-) ,, I realy want to learn cisco and as indicated in the previouse post , but do you think I can get my ccna and ccnp w/ the lab that I mentioned early..

the 2600 series are 2601 w/ 11.5 per seller the memory is enough to load the ios , he said he is willing to change the password to what ever I want , he did not mentioned that exact Ram..

again thanks

mcow verizon

You do work for VZ :-) You are in the right place to start your learning process.

It's been more than 5 years since I took CCNA/CCNP exams and I am not sure what the newer tests look like and hence, I can't comment on how much Cisco tests on newer features. But, if I have to guess there would be a decent amount of emphasis on newer features.

If you can you should definitely upgrade to a newer version. Is there a problem upgrading the IOS? VZ can help you if you have any problems with upgrading the image.

HTH

Sundar

VZ can help you if you have any problems with upgrading the image ? what you mean...

hey I am on sametime. I its ok w/ you I can sametime you..and if not I do understand .. again thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card