cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there anything special about Cisco 3662-AC-CO?

beast_gts
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anything special about Cisco 3662-AC-CO?

I'm use to 3640s and 26xxs, is there anything 3662-AC-COs will / will not do compared to these?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

the 3662 expands on the possibilities of the 364o and the 2600 (non-XM). It does everything those lower models can and do; can you specify what functionality exactly you are looking for ?

Regards,

GP

I have a client who wants to replace 2 3640s with a 3662-AC-CO he has "laying round".

All I managed to find out from Google is that the AC means it runs on normal power and the CO stands for Central Office, meaning it?s a telco router.

It's running c3660-telco-mz.123-5c. It should work the same as a 3640 or a 26xx, right?

The key for this box is that is meets all the interference and fire restrictions to run in a CO.

If a interface board does not also meet the standard it will not be supported. I have not see a list of which work and which do not. I do not think you can load any IOS on this box other than the telco version. If the telco version does not contain the features you need you may have a problem. Now I don't know if the IOS restriction is that it will run other images but not be CO compliant or that it will not run them at all.

This page backs that up (and says it will only run Telco IOS).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080126463.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card