Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

isdn connections

Is it possible for me to connect from my pc via an isdn modem to my cisco 1700 BRI port and then the router give me an ip address ? is this possible and if so can anyone show me the config ?

thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: isdn connections

Hi

AFAIK its not possible to login onto router's BRI port using ISDN Line/Modem from a PC.

regds

Does this have to be via an other router then ?

Hi

Router to Router using ISDN line connected on ISDN BRI port one of them to dial out and the other to accept the call .. this kinda scenario is very much feasible..

regds

so if one is accepting the call am i right in saying one of them doesnt need any dialler info putting in etc ?, also is there any solution to dial from a isdn pc modem straight to a isdn router ? surely its the same thing ?

Yes Its very much possible. Configuration at Router side will be default only. Just you need to keep some points in your mind which configuring.

1.Its works perfectly fine with PPP-PAP. Tried with PPP-Chap also but was unsuccessful.

2.Sometimes requires to configure IP Manually in PC.

Router end

=========

username abc password xyz

interface BRI0

description = = = ISDN No. 123456 = = =

ip address 172.16.0.17 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

dialer idle-timeout 300

dialer-group 1

ppp authentication pap

PC end

======