Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LAN with fiber transceiver

Hi,

We have one central location. Here I am putting 2960 series switch. We have two more buldings one is 600mtr, second is 700mtr away from central location. I wants to connect both the location by multimode fiber LX.

I required external transceiver to connect both site by 2960 series switch. (Which convert multimode fiber LX to ethernet. I have two gigabit port at central location switch) I am unable to find out external transceiver for 2960 series switch. pls suggest me soon.

Regds

AK

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: LAN with fiber transceiver

Buy any Multi Mode media converter. your 2960 switch have LC connector while Media converter have SC connector plus you need 1 ODF ( Optical distribution frame with LC connector) for your Central location in which both fibers will terminate and LC to LC patch cords will terminate into your 2960 Switch and there is no need of ODF in both client sites because fiber will directly terminate in Media converters.

So things you need are

1) Out door Fiber

2) Patch Cords 2 pc LC To LC ( length depend upon distance from ODF to 2960 switch)

3) Media Converters 2 pcs

4) LC pig tails 4 pcs ( For ODF)

5) SC pig tails 4 pcs ( For Media Converter)

Hope this may help you

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content