cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple interface switch commands

rlewis
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen it done a few times where multiple switch ports are set with the same parameters with one command. Can someone help me find a document that will describe setting multiple switch port interfaces with the same command, ie. switchport mode access for interfaces 2 - 22 or switchport access vlan 2 for interfaces 5 - 10. Now, here is the biggy, I would like to do this on my older 3500XL switches and my newer 3550 & 3560 switches.

: )

5 Replies 5

jaregalado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please take a look at this document explaining the 'interface range' command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a00800803ff.html

Regards.

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You can do it with interface range command as listed in last post.

conf t

int range fa 0/x-y

*command ***

This range command is not supported on 3500Xl. 3550's and 3560's support this command.

HTH,

-amit singh

Thank-you, that is helpful. Any idea if the 3500XL supports any simular commands? Where would I start to look to find them?

:)

Sorry mate it doesnot support that otheriwse it wud have saved my work a lot.. I have got 3500Xl's here in my access layer...no way we can get it..

regards,

-amit singh

Thank-you, you and the other guys have saved me a lot of time finding what I need and looking for something that doesn't exist.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card