Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

multiple interface switch commands

I have seen it done a few times where multiple switch ports are set with the same parameters with one command. Can someone help me find a document that will describe setting multiple switch port interfaces with the same command, ie. switchport mode access for interfaces 2 - 22 or switchport access vlan 2 for interfaces 5 - 10. Now, here is the biggy, I would like to do this on my older 3500XL switches and my newer 3550 & 3560 switches.

: )

5 REPLIES

Re: multiple interface switch commands

Hi,

Please take a look at this document explaining the 'interface range' command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a00800803ff.html

Regards.

Hi,

You can do it with interface range command as listed in last post.

conf t

int range fa 0/x-y

*command ***

This range command is not supported on 3500Xl. 3550's and 3560's support this command.

HTH,

-amit singh

Thank-you, that is helpful. Any idea if the 3500XL supports any simular commands? Where would I start to look to find them?

:)

Sorry mate it doesnot support that otheriwse it wud have saved my work a lot.. I have got 3500Xl's here in my access layer...no way we can get it..

regards,

-amit singh

Thank-you, you and the other guys have saved me a lot of time finding what I need and looking for something that doesn't exist.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content