Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Name Resolution between AP and WGB

I have gotten everything working between the AP and the WGB and believe that we have reasonable security. It took awhile to shake off the rust but the IOS commands started coming back to me (haven't used my CCNA skills since 1999). One last issue that I'm struggling with is name resolution. There is no DNS on this network just HOSTS files on the laptops. The laptop on the same physical connection as the AP has no problem resolving names. However, the laptop on the WGB side does not resolve names at all.

If I take both laptops and hardwire them to the same hub, name resolution happens. So I know the HOSTS files are correct on both machines. I've also updated the LMHOST file with the same information and that has not helped. I went into the IP Filters on the AP and WGB and set them up to forward everything, still no name resolution. Not sure what else to try, do you have any ideas? Both devices are 1242AG.

1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: Name Resolution between AP and WGB

Problem solved. I have to use a LMHOSTS file and check the appropriate box on the WINS tab for the adapter (under tcp/ip).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content