cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT - Multiple NAT Pools

mortonjes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario I would like to post and validate. I did some research first and hope that I make sense here.

(I read http://www.firewall.cx/nat-intro.php)

*I want to connect to 2 different Service Providers.

*One is for Internet Connectivity (We'll call this Company "A")

*One is for company to another company connectivity. (Company "Z")

* Can I connect to each company using 2 different NAT Pools on the same router?

*Company "A" I'd like to implement NAT Overload to the Public IP they're providing. (Internet connectivity) I'd like to do this by creating the NAT Pool (and Overload statement) and the ACL with the internal network range I want this NAT Pool to apply to.

*Company "Z" I would like to create a dynamic NAT Pool. Similar concept as above in that I'd create a second Pool (But no overload this time) I'd create a second ACL (Which has the same internal network range as described in company "A"

I would like to route BGP to company "Z" and default static route to company "A". (I understand routing concepts so routing wont be an issue.)

So the goal is to have a user work station connect to Company "A" (meaning the internet) as a public address at the same time the same work station is connecting to company "Z" as a different address. (One that company "Z" would like to see from me.)

I would like to verify this can be done and also that based on the destination address (Company "Z" server OR any address on the internet) that my user hits the proper pool based on the destination address?

I'm very sorry for the long post. I hope this makes sense. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

when you configure nat

you write : ip na inside source list x...

just define 2 access lists:

-one for useres accessing Z. this ACL must be extended and not standrad : specify both source and destination IPs.

-second ACL for users going to internet. can be standrad list (only source)

then write 2 : ip nat inside source list xxxx, one with list for Z and the second for list A.

hope this will work

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card