Before all these Check is there any New Implementation of Projects is On-going / Under Discussion / Pending.
1. Remove unwanted Cables in the Network
2. Create a Inventry of the Network
3. Finalise your Architecture & Design
4. Analyse the Performance Issues uncovered during the Audit
5. Study the Current Configuration, Previous Logs, Alarms, Response Time etc.,
6. Administratively DOWN the un-used Interfaces in Switches / Routers
Note: Industry way is: In Switches create a "Trash VLAN" & assign the Un-used interfaces which ever is down
7. Remove unwanted / Older Routing Information, Route Advertisement, Access-Lists, etc., after studying the Routing Table completely
Note: Provide the Description to each & every UP-Link / WAN Interface includes Connectivity (from-to), Provider Name, Circuit ID & Bandwidth.
8. ACL's will normally block unwanted traffic but that will not help in Spoofing attacks, Rate limiting is effective in reducing the impact of DDoS attacks but not in eliminating the threat entirely even.
9. If required update your IOS, IDS & IPS Security Patches, etc., as recommended by Cisco
10. Don't Save any of the Configuration after removing the Unwanted Configuration
11. Check for entire connectivity Again & keep monitor for any Blocking (or) unusual behaviour of Network
12. Once everything is OK & nothing is abnormal- Pls save the Configuration & Backup the Entire Flash.
13. Create a Change Document for this & plan one by one then Submit the Final Report
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...