Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

networking

Hi everyone, im about to start a diploma in computing and IT, one of the modules is around networking, I have no experience in this field and was wondering if I will be able to grasp it? I have a decent understanding of working Pc's doubt this will help me.  Any feedback guys will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Dear,Yes will be able to

Hi Dear,

Yes will be able to grasp the things without any issue.

Networking is the collest technology and its would be great challenge and the beginer would really enjoy the concept behind and moving towards the inside/in-depth understanding of it in a easier way.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate if this info is helpfull.

Cisco Employee

Hi Bri_99001 -Congratulations

Hi Bri_99001 -

Congratulations on getting ready to start a diploma towards computing and IT. Being a novice it's understandable that you don't have any experience in the field but that's what school is for, right? To answer your question networking is just like any other subject matter - you get out of it what you put into it. Some areas are easy to grasp while others are more complicated -- and this varies person to person. However, if you are willing to take the time and study then you should be able to grasp the fundamentals of networking and then build upon your knowledge base from there.

Best of luck in your studies.

Justin

Cisco Employee

Hi bri_99001,  First, you've

Hi bri_99001

First, you've made a great choice by deciding to purse your degree in the arena of IT; this is a very dynamic field that will most certainly enhance your current skills while allowing you to gain a plethora of other useful skills. As far as grasping the concept, I think you'll be fine to be honest--always remember to ask questions! If you are willing to learn and you put forth the effort you will most certainly succeed! 

Best of luck to you!

Best regards,

Tish

Hi bri_99001,I feel that

Hi

major who turned to Networking, I noticed that networking at its core is a far cry from many other fields of IT.

In IT courses, you may become used to being in a very conceptual environment. One that deals with the hows and whats but not necessarily the whys, from an implementation standpoint. Networking can be very practical if you allow yourself to perceive it that way, and it helped me immensely to regard it as something more physical than logical. I find that this mindset alone can help you wrap your head around the topics of Networking.

I wish you the best in your studies. You've chosen a career path with an extreme breadth of options that will take you as far as you want to go.

Best,

Stephen

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content