Views
Helpful
Replies

On line diagnostic

cdelafuente31
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have problems with a 3750 switch and We want to run a diagnostic test with the command "diagnostic start switch 1 test all". We are afraid about the time that the switch will be off-line because of this test.

Do you know How much time will it take for the switch to complete a test like this?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your mileage may vary. The tests FLEW by and the 95% of the time in the 3 minutes was the reboot. I guess if the tests didn't pass okay, it could slow down the process.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swgold.html

That link will show some sample output with timestamps to estimate test time completion.

I just ran that command on a test 3750 with 12.2(35) IOS. It took about 3 minutes including the reboot of the switch. WS-C3750-24PS-S is the model. The switch is NOT in a stack.

Your results could vary. You could schedule a test for sometime in the future during an outage period.

Thank you Bret, I had seen this guide but from 16:43:29 to 00:00:30 seems a lot of time. I hope It's a misprint.

We have a stack of two WS-C3750-48TS, I suppose It'll spend more than 3 minutes. Anyway, thank you very much for the info.

Your mileage may vary. The tests FLEW by and the 95% of the time in the 3 minutes was the reboot. I guess if the tests didn't pass okay, it could slow down the process.

Thank you for the info Bred.

No problem!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card