Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

On line diagnostic

Hello,

We have problems with a 3750 switch and We want to run a diagnostic test with the command "diagnostic start switch 1 test all". We are afraid about the time that the switch will be off-line because of this test.

Do you know How much time will it take for the switch to complete a test like this?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: On line diagnostic

Your mileage may vary. The tests FLEW by and the 95% of the time in the 3 minutes was the reboot. I guess if the tests didn't pass okay, it could slow down the process.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swgold.html

That link will show some sample output with timestamps to estimate test time completion.

I just ran that command on a test 3750 with 12.2(35) IOS. It took about 3 minutes including the reboot of the switch. WS-C3750-24PS-S is the model. The switch is NOT in a stack.

Your results could vary. You could schedule a test for sometime in the future during an outage period.

Thank you Bret, I had seen this guide but from 16:43:29 to 00:00:30 seems a lot of time. I hope It's a misprint.

We have a stack of two WS-C3750-48TS, I suppose It'll spend more than 3 minutes. Anyway, thank you very much for the info.

Bronze

Your mileage may vary. The tests FLEW by and the 95% of the time in the 3 minutes was the reboot. I guess if the tests didn't pass okay, it could slow down the process.

Thank you for the info Bred.

Bronze

No problem!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content