I have a little situation here, that I'm strugalling for a while with it, maybe someone can help me with:
I have router 2610:
- I am trying to connect to the console port to it, does not work with any baud rate.
- I am connected with the cable from the laptops usb-com-rj45 to the aux port, with 9600 baud rate and suddently I have a password request, I dunno what can I do here as I don't have the username, it's asks first for the username.
- I've connected a computer in the same subnet to the eth port, I can telnet to the router, where I receive again the username login, which I don't know again.
If i reset the router and leave the cable connected to the aux port, I cannot see the boot phase (I dunno if is normal or not), in order to send ctrl+brake and so on.. to recovery password.
- I've opened the chasis and put a jumper to reset the console, to the DUART RESET, no use still can't connect to the console.
- I've measured the voltage on the console port and it seems that there is voltage, so I don't think it is fright(burned).
I dunno what else can I try, maybe there is a way via AUX that I don't know to reset the password, or maybe there is a way to reset it to factory defaults, btw I saw there is another jumper place near the DUART RESET, called just reset, as I read on the internet this is only for factory debuging purpose, it is possible that I can use that somehow?
Hope someone has anyideea because I am a little out of ideeas.
I would suggest try a differnt Laptop/PC and try different baud rates (try 9600, 115200 and 1200 first) while you connect to the console. If you are unable to see the boot process, you can not recover the password from the aux port.
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newcomer like myself!
Im studying the 100-105 book by Odom and am currently on the topic of Port security. I purchased a used 2960 and I'm trying to follow a...
While deploying a number of 18xx/2802/3802 model access points (APs), which run AP-COS as their operating platform. It can be observed on some occasions that while many of their access points were able to join the fabric WLC withou...
I am going to design and build an LAN network under a tunnel underground with long distance between the switches.
I will have 2 Catalyst switches and 8 Industrial IE3000, and they will be connected with fiber.
For now I am planning on use Layer-2 s...