Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR and NAT

bkoum
Level 1
Level 1

hi

can anybody please check this configuration out and verify that nat and PBR are properly configured?

also if the static entry

ip route 100.0.0.0 255.255.252.0 FastEthernet0/0

is realy necessary...

thanks

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Your'e config looks okay although it's difficult to be certain it is doing what you want without more detail from you. Couple of things

1) The following 2 routes

ip route 100.0.0.0 255.255.252.0 FastEthernet0/0

ip route 192.168.30.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0/1

Not sure why you need these as you have directly connected interfaces on the router for these networks.

2) Your NAT pools do not have enough addresses in them to cover the class C networks you are translating from. if there is a possibility the NAT pool may run out you may want to add the keyword "overload" to the end of your NAT statements.

HTH

Jon

hi Jon

im just trying to drive network 192.168.30.0

and 192.168.12.0 throught out the router to the internet from the sw3550...

i wasnt sure if i should add static route entries about the 10.2.145.0 and 10.2.146.0 networks because i was confused about the nat order operation but seems that the router recognize only the original network when routing operates.

With your current configuration the router wouldn't NAT the traffic from 192.168.12.0 and 192.168.30.0 network because of PBR. PBR operation takes precedence over anything else and therefore NAT will be bypassed completely in your setup. As such your inside addresses would show up on the 3550 switch on the outside network. Instead of PBR use static route(s) + NAT to accomplish this task.

HTH

Sundar

hi

is this true ? because the all routing proccess is precedence the NAT on the outgoing traffic ...

perhaps ill try both .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card