cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Print Out the Configuration

oguzcan35
Level 1
Level 1

I use HyperTerminal to connect to our switches/routers. If I use "Capture Text" feature in HyperTerminal and use "show" command, the output is not user-friendly. I see a lot of ">>>>>>" signs between, I just want to print-out the configuration, is there any tool for it better than HyperTerminal to have the config as output so the long show results are easy to read.

Thank you

5 Replies 5

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

These characters are produced because the output is paused so you can read it one screen at a time. Covenient if you want to read the console output and not save it.

You can always save your config to tftp and then print it. Those pesky signs won't show.

Oguz

There are terminal emulators that are better than Hyperterm and that will allow you to copy the config file without the extra characters generated by the more prompt. And there are versions of Hyperterm that will display the config without those characters. (I use the updated/enhanced version of Hyperterm and I do not get thoes characters.)

And while you are using the version of Hyperterm that you are using there is a way to get the config without those characters. Before you do the show run command do the terminal length 0 command. This will display the entire config without pause (and it is the pause prompt for more that is generating the extra characters).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

bjw
Level 4
Level 4

Try ZOC5 from www.emtech.com, Nice features, notepad launch, highlight and release clipboard cuts, automatic stream captures. Nice product

Hi Oguz,

There are two ways to configure.

1. login to router by start -- run --- telnet router.

use sh run command to see the config on screen it will show 25 line, copy the whole thing except last line " more..... " and paste it in notepad, press space bar you will get next 25 lines....

2. connect using hyperterm, start capture and give command " show tech-supp ", you will get complete information on router. From this you filter out running config.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

S. Shantharam

adnan.zafar
Level 1
Level 1

go to previlleged mode

if u have TFTP then write this command

router# copy run-config tftp

it will copy your running configuration into system in the format of .cfg and you can view in notepad and then print it

Hope This Helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco