Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

router 2521

i got a 2521 router cheap on ebay 19.99 puls shipping 25.00 which kills you but could i use this unit as a frame relay switch .

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: router 2521

robert

The 2521 has a Token Ring and ISDN interfaces which probably will not do you much good. It has 2 regular serial interfaces and 2 sync/async interfaces which are useful. You certainly should be able to configure this as a Frame Relay switch.

I am not sure that I can say that I have done this with a 2521, but many times I have configured routers in the 2500 series with 2 serial interfaces as a Frame Relay switch. They work quite nice for this.

Good luck with it.

HTH

Rick

Re: router 2521

The following link will give you a good guide on configuring frame-relay switching.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fwan_c/wcffrely.htm#wp1055676

In my lab I use a 4500-m-ch as my frame switch. It is good in the way that you can load the NP slots with 4T's allowing you to create a large cloud.

Views
Helpful
Replies