cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router console access

support
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2507 router with 16 port hubs, and my question is if I have five routers is there away to connect the five router console ports to the 2507 and be able to connect to each from the 2507 router. I thought this was possible and if so how do I setup the 2507 to allow this. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot connect the console port(s) of the five routers to the ethernet port(s) on the hub. However, you can connect the ethernet interface on the five router(s) to the hub ports if you desire so.

To access the 5 routers via the console you need a terminal server, something like a Cisco 2509, and you can use an octal cable between the console of the terminal server and console of all the other 5 routers.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

You cannot connect the console port(s) of the five routers to the ethernet port(s) on the hub. However, you can connect the ethernet interface on the five router(s) to the hub ports if you desire so.

To access the 5 routers via the console you need a terminal server, something like a Cisco 2509, and you can use an octal cable between the console of the terminal server and console of all the other 5 routers.

HTH

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card