Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing in firewall

soumik1979
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I want some help regarding my firewall configuration. In our main office we have one Internet leased line, which is connected to router, and from router to ASA 5510.Then it is distributed to our lan. Our office LAN has the IP 192.168.0.0/24.In one interface of the firewall; I have given the IP 192.168.0.100.This IP has given as the default gateway of the servers and some high end users for unrestricted Internet access. Now recently we have connected another branch office to our main office with leased line and 1841 router. Now the problem is that I have to give the IP of the fast Ethernet of the router as the default gateway in the servers. The servers cannot access the Internet then. Please advice me what will be the configuration in that scenario.

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It would help if you could post a diagram showing your network layout.

JamesLuther
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

What is the routing table of the leased line 1841?

You should have a default route on the 1841 router pointing towards the internet router.

Alternatively you can configure static routes on each server for the branch office and then put the default route on the servers back to the internet router. This method obviously isn't preferable but may be a short term workaround.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card