Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 <=> RV082 over FIOS, no packets sent, config help

StevenZallen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have 2 RV082 units, each connected directly to a Verizon FIOS ONT. On one side (Store) are 6 PCs and a printer, all with fixed IPs, on the otherside (WHSE) I have 1 PC and a printer, again with fixed IPs. I expect the number of PCs to increase in the WHSE.

Each is a different subnet, and workgroup name (Yes, workgroup, not server\domain).

My requirement is to be able to access a couple of shared folders on one specific PC (with a fixed IP) in the subnet STORE from the subnet WHSE. Idealy I would like to connect to all PCs, and eventually run a phone system over this network.

I have followed the docu for creating a VPN tunnel between the two networks, and can do the following:

*login to either router from either side with the 192.168.subnet.1 address

*print from one subnet to the other subnet with printers configured on tcpip ports

*ping the router in both directions

*ping most of the workstations (I think local AV/security is the reasson I can not conect to all)

I have tried a number of different firewall rules, and have not been able to navigate between the two workgroups in explorer. On one side (WHSE) I can see the Workgroup for the STORE, but can not access it (The Network Path was not found). On the other side I can not see the WHSE workgroup.

I am trying to keep config as simple as possible, and generaly configured fire wall rules to allow all port traffic, and specified various combinations of LAN, WAN1, WAN IPs, local gateway IPs and even the workstaion to workstaion IPs on both sides.

I have noticed one curious thing. If I look at the statistics for the WHSE, it appears the the sent packets are 0, and the sent bytes extremly low, and all of the WAN numbers are a small percentage of the LAN numbers, except the recieved packets which is about 1/2 the LAN recieved packets(1PC). On the STORE side, numbers are similarly low, including the recieved packets (6PCs).

I found the following on the inbound logs, outbound are empty.

ignoring Delete SA payload: IPSEC SA not found

I have my DNS for the local fixed IP addresses set to that of the ISP, and suspect that this is not good. I also have this set up for the DNS in the DHCP screen, again I suspect not good. I do not understand how to configure the DNS Local Database in the DHCP section, or if I need it.

When I try to run diagnostics against a PC name on the opposite subnet I am getting an IP from "elsewhere". As noted above, can ping most of the PCs in the opposite subnet.

I am trying to get this "hobbling" by monday, and really do not want to set up servers, at least not in this time period.

Any help is appreciated.

Steven

1 Reply 1

Eugene Khabarov
Level 7
Level 7

Try to ask your question on LinkSys community forum here: http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/

Please rate if this helps,

Eugene.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card