cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

setting up sdm on 1811

rogergleason
Level 1
Level 1

I bought an 1811 on ebay recently. The router came configured. The seller did not know the password, as it was programmed by a tech who no longer worked for him.

Basically, I want to reset it to factory default,and load SDM, and use that to configure it. Is this going to get me there? http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_tech_note09186a00802017a1.shtml

Or will this blank everything out, and I'll have to reconfigure it before I can get SDM to load?

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I would suggest to reset the same to factory defaults and start configuring afresh.

By doing so you can avoid conflicts with any of the config parameters configured earlier.

regds

Thanks for your answer. Just to clarify, after resetting to factory default, I will be able to load SDM without further configuration? ie be able to connect via 10.10.10.1 and use cisco/cisco as username/pw ?

Hi

AFAIK once u reset to factory default u need to configure the box to have it accessed via SDM.Hope you have the procedure to get the box accessed via SDM.

regds

yes, you are correct...I found the minimum things needed for configuration...which is basically this :

The configuration file shipped with your router does the following:

• Provides an IP address for your Fast Ethernet interface, enabling an interface to your LAN

• Enables your router's HTTP/HTTPS server, allowing HTTP access from your LAN

• Creates a default username (cisco) and password (cisco) with privilege level 15

• Enables Telnet/SSH access to the router from your LAN

The way this is worded, you might think it is the factory default, but it is not.

so once this stuff loaded it was a snap

bregds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card