Views
Helpful
Replies

Static Route Change

tdiponio1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an Internet router that I'm changing from a multilink T1 connection to a 20mb Ethernet connect.  Provider handed me Ethernet and IP configuration. I configured the G0/1 interface and brought it up.  Once I change the default route as follows:

no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x <-- old IP address (t1)

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x <-- new IP address (Ethernet)

From router I can ping outside address' and resolve with DNS.  But from my network I cannot.  I try nslook up and my internal DNS servers timeout becasue thay can't get to the external DNS farwarders.  I can't ping the forwarders. So I can't get to the ouside.  It appears to me the router is dropping my packets. Should I have cleared the routing table and arp table?

Current;y I'm back to the T1's becasue it is production hours, I can try some suggestions tonight.

What could be wrong?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Could you please post before and after configuration?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You'll have to change the dynamic PAT(NAT overload config accordingly).

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Depends on if he uses PAT overload with interface or ip address reference.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

you must use PAT/NAT overload config accordingly,

rate the helpfull post

tdiponio1986
Level 1
Level 1

All replies where helpfull, but I knew shortly after posting that what I had forgotten was that my providor needed to migrate my public address range to the new circuit.  The config on my end was fine.  Once I had them move my block everything was OK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card