Views
Helpful
Replies

STP question

cdelafuente31
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We want to create a redundant link connecting two switches through four 1310 access points/bridges (two access points will make a link and the other two will be the backup path). I've read that the STP is disabled by default in these access points. If the STP is disabled in the AP's, do they forward BPDU messages? We want that the switches blocks one of the ports of the backup link.

Thanks in advance,

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have 1231's in my environment, and I haven't received any bpdu's on the port that they're connected to.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thank you for the answer John, Have you got these 1231's connected in bridge mode?

I would like to know if I will have a loop problem with the STP disabled in the AP's. Each AP will be connected to a switch port. They will form two redundant links and we want STP to block one of them. Do I have to configure STP on the AP's? or the STP configured on the switch will do this job?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: