Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Strange clock set

Yesterday, I set my switch 3550 clock by using the "clock set" command, but when I came back today to my switch, all may time settings had changed. why?

P.S. I do this procedure for using "time ACLs".

Thanx

Reza & Masoud

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Strange clock set

Possibly your switch is set up to receive time from another NTP server. Whe you set it up. After a minute the NTP updates from the other server and your time changes......

Have you implemented NTP on your switch??

If you see a line which goes like ntp something then perhaps you have NTP implemented and that changes the time on your switch.

If you can post more details, it would be helpful.

Regards,

AbhisheK

use this command to see if you have NTP enable.

show ntp associations

You can also search for NTP servers on the net if you would like to synch the right time. For some reason, I live in the east coast but our time in our NTP server is 4 hours in advance. That is the reason why I have the -4 to subtract 4 hours. If you do show clock after creating the NTP server and you get the right time, no need to do the timezone. I hope this helps.

config#ntp server x.x.x.x ---> NTP server IP

config#clock timezone EASTERNTIME -4

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Reza & Masoud

In your original post you indicate that you did a clock set and when you came back the next day the time settings had changed. Can you describe what they changed to?

There have been several posts that suggest that an NTP configuration may have caused the time setting to change. I agree that this is a possibility. I believe it may also be a possibility that the switch had rebooted, causing it to lose the time that you set and to use its default time.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content