Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Tell me

Can we disable/stop Vlan interface from a catalyst 2950 (including default vlan also) ?

8 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Tell me

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish ? When you say "stop vlan interface" what exactly do you mean ?

Regards,

Paresh.

Community Member

Dear Paresh,

We hv a apetro packetwave 130 CPE(bridge cum router) from our ISP (vsnl) to access internet(RF) , after that our a cisco switch stopped working due to vlan id problem since packetwave CPE has 2354 valn id & our switch working on default 1 vlan id, & we cannot upgrade it since it support only 1005 Valn IDes.Both r working in trunk mode , but switch shows inconsistent vlan id.therefor i asked to disable our default vlan ID.

Hi

You cannot disable default VLAN until and unless create different vlan.

But by default all the ports are in same VLAN,it wont be any effect you disable it or not.

As the other helper asked, that what you want to do?

Regards

JD

Silver

Aperto Packetwave uses the IEEE 802.1Q encapsualtion whose values are from 1 to 4096. Cisco supports another proprietary protocol call ISL whose values are from 1 to 1005. I guess that you are using ISL on the Cisco 2950 switch and the Aperto is using IEEE 802.1Q. The Aperto does not support the ISL. Hence, I will advice that you change from ISL to IEEE 802.1Q on the cisco switch. To change use the following commands

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

on the interface.

Community Member

You r right but i hv changed switch encapsulltion to 802.1Q but it too provides 1005(not more then that) vlan IDes , whereas Apetro working on 2354 vlan id , both vlan IDes are different , how do i connect my switch to aptero device.?

Silver

Can you give the config of the switch and also the error that the switch is giving.

Community Member

Error Message SPANTREE-2-RECV-PVID-ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id

[dec] on [chars] [chars].

Silver

Can you try the following config, on the interface.

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan

switchport mode trunk

Otherwise, you can disable the checking for BPDU using the following config on the interface.

spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

If either do not work, please give us the config and the error messages that you got.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content