cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP

ashraf_can2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there! I will very much appreciate it if someone can help me with the following question:

What command do I need to type in that will show the configurations stored on the TFTP Server?

I ask this question because a lab that I've just completed says the following command will not work on normal PCs.

C:>show tftp-configs

So, I wondered what command would work on normal PCs?

I will very much appreciate it if somone can help me out. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Ashraf.

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ashraf

The answer to your question of very dependent on the PC and its particular operating system.

I assume in your question that you want a list of the configs rather than the content of the configs. Obviously different commands would be used for each function.

It also depends a bit on whether you want a command line way to do it or a GUI way. If you are on a normal Windows PC and are in the proper directory at the command prompt then the command dir should produce a listing of the config files. If the PC was running some version of *NIX then the command would be ls. In the GUI you would want Windows Explorer, or File Manager, or whatever the version is of that utility in that particular operating system.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dear Rick,

Thank you very much for your help and the trouble you have gone into helping me.

I understand all that you have said and appreciate your help.

I wish you all the very best.

Take care,

Ashraf.

rameshwarhiwale
Level 1
Level 1

u can try this

c:> tftp

tftp:> ..........

try this on MS os.

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

The easiest is:

c:\tftpdir\more config-file

HTH

Guys,

Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate your concern. Both have helped!!

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Ashraf.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card