cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uplink Problem Catalyst 2950

blue4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

We hv a 2950 catalyst switch, it was running fine in the network some day ago. Now it does'nt work with uplink, whenever we connect to it another switch(D-Link) it light remains orange(uplink port, other are running fine(Green Light)) & no connectivity. please resolve it.

7 Replies 7

Hello,

I assume the uplink port is a trunk port ? Can you post the output of 'show interfaces x', where 'x' is the uplink port ? Do you have any redundant uplinks (which could cause a spanning tree loop) ? Which D-Link model do you have ?

Regards,

GP

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi!

Pls tell me:-

1)Are you using uplink port of D-Link Switch?

2)Are you using Crossover cable to connect both the switches?

In case of (1)try using a straight cable.

In case of (2)try connecting it with port 3 of cisco and port 3 of D-link, which are not upilnk/trunk etc

Above should solve ur problem on physical layer.If that dose not help,give the 'show interface fx' output.

regards,

JD

Hi jai,

When i connect both switch with cross cable (Cisco & D-Link) they are working without web access, means D-link is connected to modem which providing 1Mbps RF from VSNL.Now if I remove I mbps cable from D-Link it ok, but i want internet access , connecting to D-link switch(with web cable)cisco switch shows ORANGE port(uplink from D-Link)& it do not connect if i remove internet cable from Dlink , cisco switch works..... What is problem thr ?

Hello,

what type of modem do you have connected to the D-Link switch ?

Regards,

GP

hi,

My make of modem that is connected to Dlink Switch is Packet wave-130 (Aptro Network)

Hello,

can you try and change your physical setup ? From what I understand from your post, your setup looks like this:

Cisco Switch --> D-Link Switch --> PacketWave Modem

Can you try and change this to:

D-Link Switch --> Cisco Switch --> PacketWave Modem

that is, connect the Cisco switch to the PacketWave modem, and the D-Link switch to the Cisco switch ?

Regards,

GP

Hi

I believe that GP is right,You should try to connect using his topology.

Regards

JD

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card