cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uplink Problem Catalyst 2950

blue4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

We hv a 2950 catalyst switch, it was running fine in the network some day ago. Now it does'nt work with uplink, whenever we connect to it another switch(D-Link) it light remains orange(uplink port, other are running fine(Green Light)) & no connectivity. please resolve it.

7 Replies 7

Hello,

I assume the uplink port is a trunk port ? Can you post the output of 'show interfaces x', where 'x' is the uplink port ? Do you have any redundant uplinks (which could cause a spanning tree loop) ? Which D-Link model do you have ?

Regards,

GP

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi!

Pls tell me:-

1)Are you using uplink port of D-Link Switch?

2)Are you using Crossover cable to connect both the switches?

In case of (1)try using a straight cable.

In case of (2)try connecting it with port 3 of cisco and port 3 of D-link, which are not upilnk/trunk etc

Above should solve ur problem on physical layer.If that dose not help,give the 'show interface fx' output.

regards,

JD

Hi jai,

When i connect both switch with cross cable (Cisco & D-Link) they are working without web access, means D-link is connected to modem which providing 1Mbps RF from VSNL.Now if I remove I mbps cable from D-Link it ok, but i want internet access , connecting to D-link switch(with web cable)cisco switch shows ORANGE port(uplink from D-Link)& it do not connect if i remove internet cable from Dlink , cisco switch works..... What is problem thr ?

Hello,

what type of modem do you have connected to the D-Link switch ?

Regards,

GP

hi,

My make of modem that is connected to Dlink Switch is Packet wave-130 (Aptro Network)

Hello,

can you try and change your physical setup ? From what I understand from your post, your setup looks like this:

Cisco Switch --> D-Link Switch --> PacketWave Modem

Can you try and change this to:

D-Link Switch --> Cisco Switch --> PacketWave Modem

that is, connect the Cisco switch to the PacketWave modem, and the D-Link switch to the Cisco switch ?

Regards,

GP

Hi

I believe that GP is right,You should try to connect using his topology.

Regards

JD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card