Hi. One of our customers has recently started having strange DNS issues when trying to browse the internet (email and AV updates are working fine). They use a Cisco 877 integrated device as their default gateway, service provider is BT (UK). I can ping the internet OK but cannot browse to most sites e.g. www.microsoft.com and www.symantec.com are OK but www.google.co.uk,www.bbc.co.uk are not (in fact, microsoft and symantec are the only ones I've managed to connect to so far).
I've checked with BT that our public DNS server IPs are correct. I've also tried using Firefox to no avail.
I've only encountered this problem once before (on a Netgear router) and this required a firmware upgrade. However, my Cisco logon doesn't give me access to download upgrades so I'm hoping thats not the problem this time. IOS version is 12.4(6)T6
Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any ideas on how I can resolve? Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have an ACL on the public interface? If so, I've seen the acl block dns traffic coming from the provider that you specify. I would try to allow your dns providers ip through your router on udp 53 to see if this helps. You can see this in your logs as well.
We have 3 identical switches configured by someone else and would like to claim some of the Gigabit ports(G1/G2/G3/G4) for use on servers. When we try to change the wiring and configuration, we run in to connectivity issues. Attached is a des...
This is actually a pretty cool feature, i didn't even know it existed until I was looking for a solution to advertise a subnet (prefix in BGP talk), only if a certain condition existed. This is exactly what conditional advertisements does
j ai une question j ai achete un routeur cisco 887VA-k9 , je le configuré avec la configuration ci- dessous
si je le lier avec mon pc portable sur l un de ses ports directement ça marche toute est bien ( la connexion internet + m...