Views
Helpful
Replies

What is normal range CPU utilization of WS-C3750X-48T-E

Echo Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert

I want to know the normal range of CPU utilization of WS-C3750X-48T-E (without connection)?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As per my exper:

0-1% without connection .

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What IOS version are you running?

Duplicate posts. 

Go here

Thanks Leo

usasigcis
Level 1
Level 1

anything less than 30% average is acceptable. i run a lot of security on ports, such as DAI, snooping, etc..

that makes a lot of difference.

Haihua Rong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Echo,

"The Catalyst 3750-X switches have a CPU utilization level that is higher than the previous models of the

Catalyst 3750 switches. This is normal behavior. One can expect that the

overall CPU utilization will be between 25 - 35%. Plugging PoE devices into all ports on a 3750-X switch will cause the CPU utilization to increase however it will remain in the normal 25 - 35% range. Since almost all of the

packet forwarding is done in hardware and not by the CPU a CPU utilization of 25 - 35% should not be cause for concern. " This issue has been observed in 3560X/3750X with PoE, running 12.2(53)SE1 release and higher."

Haihua

Bhishma Khanna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Echo,

On the 3750X switch the normal CPU utilization without connections should not be more than 5% however on image

12.2(53)SE and later the CPU could be 15%-30% due to HULC LED process.

The details are mentioned in the bug CSCtn42790.

It is an expected behavior and it does not affect the traffic flow.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: