cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the default duplex setting on the Catalyst 1900 10Mbps port and 100Mbps port?

Describe the difference between full-duplex and half-duplex operations. What is the default duplex setting on the Catalyst 1900 10Mbps port and 100Mbps port?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Default is speed auto/duplex auto.

Hi

I agree with Leo, it should be auto, now you can verify the parameters through the command: show interface <interface to verify>

Hope it is useful

Have a great new year

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Dialog control and synchronization are two responsibilities of the session layer in the OSI model Which layer do you think is responsible for these duties in the Internet model Explain your answer?

"Explain your answer"?
How many words?
Judging from your email address, I am going to say you've created this thread so we can generate answers for you. 

So my response is:  NO, I am not helping you with your school work.

Zain Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi waqas.mscs1075@iiu.edu.pk

Half Duplex: means two way communication. but not at the same time you can either receive or transmit like your walkie talkie phones 

Full duplex: two way communication means sending and Receiving simultaneously. both at the same time.

In cisco switches by default duplex is Auto Auto. means if two devices try to communicate  with each other and one of device support half duplex they will work on half duplex. if both supports Full duplex they will work on full duplex

you can verify your catalyst 1900 series duplex speed by simple command

sh int fax/x

in my case 

Capture.PNG

Zain Khan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/forzain/

"In cisco switches by default duplex is Auto Auto. means if two devices try to communicate with each other and one of device support half duplex they will work on half duplex. if both supports Full duplex they will work on full duplex"

If both switches support auto, they should agree to use full duplex. if one switch is half duplex, auto switch will also run in half. If one switch is full, auto switch will again run in half.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card