cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

xmodem issue

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have to use xmodem to recover IOS for switch 3750 because the current ios was lost.

when i tried to type: copy xmodem: flash:c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin

i got "Begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now...". So I began send file with xmodem, I got the error prompt "Xmodem operation was canceled by remote peer". I also could not finish the file transfer.

Please help me and give any advice, thx a lot!

6 Replies 6

inayathulla1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you please check you hyperterminal settings once.

Also go though this link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml#proc_3600

HTH

Inayath.

Rawa Salah
Level 1
Level 1

dear 

write this  " flash_init"   , then do the transfer to Xmodem ............... the error will be solve,

flash_init worked!  Thank you very much.  However, once my .bin file was copied to flash, it will not boot to the new .bin.  I have an old version of the .bin that I was trying not to boot from anymore.  Perhaps there is a way to erase the old ones and leave only the new file in flash, that way it could only boot from the new.  Could you please give me the cli to boot from the new .bin?  I tried "boot" not sure what else to type.

Thanks in advance,

TC

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

The terminal is not ready to copy the file, either the flash isn't ready or there's not enough space, like Rawa said, from rommon type flash_init to get it ready.

And second: make sure there's enough space in flash, dir flash: to check free space.

Regards.

Wilson B

LJNheta
Level 1
Level 1

Using flash_init worked. Thanks for the advise

tetranet2000
Level 1
Level 1

thank you  the flash_init solve the error message.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: