Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

¡ÚSignal coverage of Access Point mode in BR350

I know that two BR350(root and non-root) with ANT1949 can 3.3km distance communication.

But My doubt is if BR350 root mode is changed to Access Point mode and BR350 non-root mode is changed to repeater mode , It is still

available 3.3 Km distance communication with same ANT 1949?

addtional, I want to know there is portable battery for AP or BR power product?

I think the portable batter is very useful site-surveying without concerning where is 110V or 220V power outlet.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ¡ÚSignal coverage of Access Point mode in BR350

If you put bridge in AP mode , you should be able to associate any client in 1mile range . It may work longer but It may not be supported topology .

There is no portable battery for AP and bridge . It is good idea .

Nilesh

Here is a handy portable battery for use with your BR350. Provides in-line power. You can also get a mounting bracket which is handy for site suveys conducted inside - you can mount the AP/BR and battery together along with a safety chain to hang it from beams.

http://www.terra-wave.com/Detail.bok?searchpath=d18e4017f45b48c6e1b5&category=Site+Survey+Tools&start=1&total=8&no=2

An AP normally need 48 Volts. Testing for battary supply it looks the acces point starts up above 17 Volt. I took a UPS with 2 x 12 V internal battary and routed this 24 Volt to an RJ45 plug providing power on pin 4,5 minus and 7,8 plus. A second RJ45 was wired with cross ethernet (1,2 to 3,6) This for connecting my notebook for manage and testing. This works fine (AP350 & AP1200 tested).

The battary pack suggested (12 volts) will not function. Also in a site survey document a 6 volt battary is suggested, this also will not work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content