Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 SSID visible 2 SSID's not how can i do that

Hello,

I'M sorry, but I'm not really sure if I understand that.

One SSID should see for everybody. So I need to set-up guest mode.

Additionally I want to have 2 SSID's which are only seen if I configured it in the Client.

I mapped to each SSID one VLAN and activated guest mode on the one SSID I want to see for everybody.

But the others or not really seen by the clients.

I configured now "broadcast as backup SSID", is this the right way...

What is MBSSID?

Is broadcast = seen for everyone..

If it is to stupid ;-) oder to much to explain just tell me where I can read that.

thanks

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: 1 SSID visible 2 SSID's not how can i do that

Hi Sebastian,

Your configuration looks fine. You sure made your subinterfaces and bridge-groups a bit confusion though :) Also, you should use channels 1, 6, or 11 for your Dot11Radio0 interface, it looks like you have 7 configured.

As for the guest-mode issue, the AP should be sending the Guest SSID name in its beacons, so if you aren't seeing them then I'd try resetting the access point or trying a different device. Some supplicants get stuck when searching for a public signal for some reason. Try a different laptop with a different supplicant, if possible, and see if you can see it after all.

VLAN 40 might be a bit messed up. You have the native on a different bridge-group on the wired side than wireless. you should place the bridge-group 1 under Fa0.40 for consistency's sake.

Best of luck. Again, this doesn't look like a configuration issue.

Jeff

4 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Sebastian,

Can you post your config? That would help us troubleshoot your situation.

MBSSID is for multiple broadcast SSIDs. Since you're only using 1 broadcast SSID, you won't need this option.

All you should need is the configuration "guest-mode" under the dot11 ssid configuration. Do you already have that configured?

Hi Jeffrey,

sure, attached you will find the config. thanks in advance.

Silver

Hi Sebastian,

Your configuration looks fine. You sure made your subinterfaces and bridge-groups a bit confusion though :) Also, you should use channels 1, 6, or 11 for your Dot11Radio0 interface, it looks like you have 7 configured.

As for the guest-mode issue, the AP should be sending the Guest SSID name in its beacons, so if you aren't seeing them then I'd try resetting the access point or trying a different device. Some supplicants get stuck when searching for a public signal for some reason. Try a different laptop with a different supplicant, if possible, and see if you can see it after all.

VLAN 40 might be a bit messed up. You have the native on a different bridge-group on the wired side than wireless. you should place the bridge-group 1 under Fa0.40 for consistency's sake.

Best of luck. Again, this doesn't look like a configuration issue.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your check.

The last days was too much for me and I have no time to think about that realxed.

I found maybe an issue in the installation. My colleauges planed the the installation like the want and not with an survey, so the signals are not okay in some places....

I think that is the problem, because in my LAB with the same cleint, IOS version I have no toruble, I see last night a long night.. ;-)

VlAN 40 and the bridgegroupe are not correct I tink too.

But VLAN 3 is my management vlan for the AP, 40 is native and guest, so i somebody removes the ap and connected direclty he is just in the gues vlan. The switchport is vlan 40 native too..

The Channel I will check..I want auto and not fixed channels...

Thanks a lot I think I know now the problem and be sure of my configuration with your help.

thanks...

Sebastia

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content