Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1121 stuck after AP to LWAP upgrade

Hi Expert,

I have a 1121 autonomous AP which I switched to the lightweight mode by copying the LWAPP ios to its flash and issuing the command boot system flash IOS_file_Name. After that I was unable to associate the AP to my wireless controller because it was continiously rebooting. Unfortunately this AP does not have a console port so I can access the debug and see what is happening. And I was not able to switch it back to the autonmous mode becaus the AP won't accept the Autonomous mode IOS anymore.

I am really stuck with this access point please advice.

Best Regards,

Everyone's tags (7)
2 REPLIES

The 1121 is going to have an SSC, that was probably not created by just booting the AP into the image.

You can follow the below guide to go back to the IOS image.  Then you'll want to use the upgrade tool to do the conversion

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thank you Stephen I will give it a try

Views
Helpful
Replies