cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130 not connecting to controller after setting to HREAP

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I had an 1130 AP connected to my 4402 controller running 4.2.207.  I went to set the AP to HREAP and after I applied the HREAP setting, the AP rebooted and will no longer connect to the controller.

This is the error message I am getting on the controller.

WARNING: invalid slot ID (255) passed to REAP -Traceback=
0x4F026C 0x4F0394 0x498B24 0x491DC4 0x4AAF90 0x48DAC4 0x48E35C 0x197630o REAP -Traceback=

The AP part number is AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9.

This AP was up and running with no problem until I tried to change it to HREAP.

Any suggestions on how I can recover this AP?

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like we are hitting the software bug CSCsj69497 but its fixed in 4.2.173.. (but we are running 4.2.207)

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsj69497

Try upgrading the LWAPP AP to the latest Recovery image and let me know how this works out for you!!

if the above did not solve then to further investigate.. plz open up an SR with us (TAC),..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like we are hitting the software bug CSCsj69497 but its fixed in 4.2.173.. (but we are running 4.2.207)

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsj69497

Try upgrading the LWAPP AP to the latest Recovery image and let me know how this works out for you!!

if the above did not solve then to further investigate.. plz open up an SR with us (TAC),..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I had reloaded the AP last night using c1130-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA3.tar renamed to C1130-k9w7-tar.default.  After the AP came up in Autonomous mode I then converted back to LWAPP using c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2.tar.  Once the AP joined the controller and got the image it then rebooted and came up with the same error.

So after reading your response I deced to rename c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2.tar to c1130-k9w7-tar.default and let the AP load this image.  After downloading the image the AP then joined the controller, got its image, then reloaded and succesfully joined.

Thank you for the help.

Seth

WOW!!! Thats great to hear!! Thanks for the ratings!! and thanks for posting on CSC..

have a great day!!

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card