cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130Ag slow performance

rmartin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1130ag at a branch office.  Yesterday a user reported to me that it took 2 hours to send an email with a 1 meg attachment.  I remote dialed into one of the computers there and just accessing the 1130ag in the browser is slow.  I'm new to cisco wireless.  Did I miss something.  I don't think a email tranfer should that long.

15 Replies 15

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Robert,

Few questions

are you good speeds on your wired network

when you say you have logged into the AP web-interface, I am assuming that it is a standalone AP. How may stand alone AP are there, are all the AP in diferrent channels.

Open WLAN, or WPA2+AES gives the best of speeds.

are you using 11a or 11b radio

Thanks

NikhiL

Sorry it took so long to answer but every click on the browsers interface takes at least 5 minutes.

are you good speeds on your wired network

speed is fine it is a T1

when you say you have logged into the AP web-interface, I am assuming  that it is a standalone AP. How may stand alone AP are there, are all  the AP in diferrent channels.

yes it is a stand alone AP. There is only one AP. I've tryed IE 9 and chrome but they are about the same speed.  Sometimes the interface times out before the screen displays.  Sometimes 2 to 5 minutes everytime I click something on the menu.  Also, my users are haveing slow transfer speeds of up to 2 hours to send one 1 meg file.  This appliance is 5 hours from me by car.  I'm about ready to rip it off the wall and go get a D-link.

Open WLAN, or WPA2+AES gives the best of speeds.

WEP-Mandiatory

There is no WLAN or WPA2+AES

are you using 11a or 11b radio

I have both a and g up and running.  But I think my users only use g.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By any chance do you think you might have a duplicate ip address on the network?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

By any chance do you think you might have a duplicate ip address on the network?

No. No duplicate Ip's.

I have only seen that type of behavior when another device has the same ip as the AP. have you tried rebooting the AP? I would do a constant ping to the ip of the AP and reboot the AP. Make sure the ping stops and does it clear up the issue for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

I have rebooted it with no success. Ping time is 1mm.  But it does time out some which is wierd.  Thoughts?

Take a look at the switchport for errors an also look at the switch to see if you see anything there. Also verify that the switch port negotiated with the AP at 100 full auto.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Yes it 100 full auto.  No problems at the switch

You don't see any errors or crc incrementing on the switchport?

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

By the way, when you rebooted the AP, where you doing a constant ping also just to make sure the pings stopped?

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

No I was not doing a ping when the AP was rebooted.  I will check the switch.

Can you do a ping just to confirm it stops when the AP reboots?

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

I did a manual ping so I know it stoped.

Okay... Looks like maybe it's the Ethernet port on the AP or switchport. You shouldn't have timeouts.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card