cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1131 APs have refused to register with WLC2106

richologbo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, my 1131 AP has refused to register with a WLC2106.

I get this on my AP console when i enable DHCP:

*Mar 1 00:00:09.493: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host AP001d.e555.df68 is undergoing a cold start

*Mar 1 00:00:10.368: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0, changed state to up

*Mar 1 00:00:10.509: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to down

*Mar 1 00:00:10.509: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to down

*Mar 1 00:00:11.368: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0, changed state to down

*Mar 1 00:00:19.368: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0, changed state to up

*Mar 1 00:00:28.507: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DISCOVERY

*Mar 1 00:00:36.645: %DHCP-6-ADDRESS_ASSIGN: Interface FastEthernet0 assigned DHCP address 10.10.10.101, mask 255.2

55.255.0, hostname AP001d.e555.df68

*Mar 1 00:00:48.953: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to JOIN

*Mar 1 00:00:48.954: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to administratively down

*Mar 1 00:00:48.954: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to administratively down

*Jun 15 23:13:04.091: %CDP_PD-4-POWER_OK: Full power - HIGH_POWER_CLASSIC inline power source

*Jun 15 23:13:05.221: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to CFG

*Jun 15 23:13:10.221: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleCfgReqTimer: Did not recieve the Config response

*Jun 15 23:13:10.295: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID NOT GET CONFIG RESPONSE.

*Jun 15 23:13:10.295: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN.

When i disable DHCP, the AP just stays up without registering as well.

I can view them all via cdp. I also cannot configure the APs, the give an ERROR!!! command disabled response.

Pls what can i do.

7 Replies 7

pradeepk_123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The reason could be the LAP is unable to clear the previous config and release the new one.

- You can try the below commands and erase the private config

clear lwapp ap ip address

clear lwapp ap controller ip address

clear lwapp ap hostname

clear lwapp ap ip default-gateway

clear lwapp private-config

- You can also perform erase flash:private-config and reboot.

- Last option - you may need to perform hardware reset.

Ref:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html

Let us know!

Regards

Hi thanks,

all the clear commands don't work because i still get the ERROR!!! command disabled response.

Then i've also done a hard reset which does not change anything as well.

i am trying to do the erase flash, though the right command is delete flash:private-multiple fs... dont know what that means but am trying to find out.

Thank you

You can go ahead delete the private config.. Nothing happens.

The command is disabled coz you LAP was trying the reach a controller that is unavailable.

Did you try re imaging the AP or jus did a reset.

Regards,

Also try to run debug lwapp events enable (or just debug lwapp errors enable) on your controller. Might be a license or a country issue, your controller should report if it is the one refusing the AP...

hope it helps...

Jerome

Thanks,

that was risky for me to erase the private configs! well done that and problems remain. i think that the reason i get that error message is because the LAP has already connected (or at least tried) to connect to the WLC. i have 3 LAPs and i was able to set IP address and hostname on one of them before connecting it to the WLC; i connected the other two without any entering any configs. now all of them are giving me the error. i think the WLC somehow disables configuration attempts on the LAP

I did a reset by holding down the reset button before powering the LAP, then i got a prompt and i entered reset- and it did. i did this for all of them. the hostname i set on one of them remained even after reset and deleting private configs, it also picks the controller IP addy.

I hv turned on all debugging as well and this is all i get:

AP1#debug lwapp client error

LWAPP Client ERROR display debugging is on

AP1#debug lwapp c

AP1#debug lwapp client con

AP1#debug lwapp client config ?

AP1#debug lwapp client config

LWAPP Client config display debugging is on

AP1#debug lwapp client ev

AP1#debug lwapp client event

LWAPP Client EVENT display debugging is on

AP1#debug lwapp client event

*Mar 1 00:04:59.240: LWAPP_CLIENT_EVENT: spamHandleDiscoveryTimer: Could not discover any MWAR

*Mar 1 00:05:09.254: LWAPP_CLIENT_EVENT: spamHandleDiscoveryTimer: Could not discover any MWAR

f

AP1#debug lwapp client fwd

LWAPP Client Forwarding display debugging is on

AP1#

*Mar 1 00:05:19.270: LWAPP_CLIENT_EVENT: spamHandleDiscoveryTimer: Could not discover any MWAR

no

*Mar 1 00:05:29.285: LWAPP_CLIENT_EVENT: spamHandleDiscoveryTimer: Could not discover any MWAR

AP1#no

*Mar 1 00:05:39.300: LWAPP_CLIENT_EVENT: spamHandleDiscoveryTimer: Could not discover any MWAR

*Mar 1 00:05:49.314: LWAPP_CLI

Thanks again for ur support, i'm still thinking of what to do with these babies.

How does your AP get controller info? Via DHCP option 43? Are AP and controller in the same subnet or different subnets?

Also, I would definitely try debug lwapp events enable on the controller...

BREAKTHROUGH!!!

Thanks everyone for your help- they are ok now.

So i did a debug on both controller and AP but got nothing. so i decided to check the trap logs on the controller GUI and it was right there- the controller and APs were on different countries (which u guys actually suggested). so i set the controller for Great Britain (GB) which matches the APs, then i set DHCP, and that was it-they registered.

Thanks folks i almost gave up.

So i'm trying integrate them to my LAN now and i hope i don't get any issues. Thanks again.

Richard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card