cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1140 conversion

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

Have an autonomous 1140 that I need to convert to Lightweight.  It looks like that instead of using WCS or the upgrade tool, you just upgrade the IOS to with a LWAPP recovery version.  What I would like to know is what version to use.  This AP will be joining a controller that is running 7.0.235.3.

Thanks!         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

casa_far
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you need a version like this: c1140-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JX.tar.After you will install such lwap recovery ios, when the ap will join to the controller for the first time It will automatically upgrade to the correct version.

Bye

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

casa_far
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you need a version like this: c1140-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JX.tar.After you will install such lwap recovery ios, when the ap will join to the controller for the first time It will automatically upgrade to the correct version.

Bye

I used that jx version and all seemed to go well.  I just didn't want to get too high of a version and have it not be able to join a controller.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card