Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1142 Autonomous AP Wireless N Config.

First time user, hopefully you guys will be able to help.

I have a wireless install using several standalone 1142 Access Points. Yes, I know it would be better to use a WLC, but there isn't one and no funds to install one, so I have to work with what's there...

I'd like to configure the 1142's for wireless N connectivity. Yes, I know I need to ensure WPA/PSK is the security used as WPA/AES, the default option in the CLI won't be happy with wireless N. Currently I am running them in B/G only and they work just fine with WPA/AES. No issues are reported by the users, but of course I'd like to get them running N for the increased throughput so I need to kniow the CLI steps required.

I await with bated breath!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Well for one, you need to make sure it is wpa2/aes, not wpa/aes.  You can only get up to 144mbps on the 2.4ghz and 300 on the 5ghz.

Here is a good guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b42507.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for that, but that document goes through the process for Lightweight AP's, which I don't have. Nor do I have a WLC. I'll try some of the show commands on the AP's though to see if any carry over.

Saying WPA/AES rather than WPA2/AES was finger trouble my end. I did of course mean WPA2 in all instances.

Cracked it myself!

Copy ALL the config from the dot11radio0 interface and all it's subinterfaces over to the dot11rado1 interface, making sure to change the interface number from 0 to 1 !

Once done, when you hover your mouse over a host wireless connection icon it states an 802.11N connection. The individual interfaces will still show as 54Mb/s though in the sho int radio x output.

Views
Helpful
Replies