Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

1142 console connection issues

Hey all -

I have a couple lightweight 1142 AP's that I need to prep and have tried to console into them; however all I receive is output from bootup and standard messages about not having controller connectivity.  I see the messages "Press RETURN to get started" and "CLI Initiated", etc..  But none of my input is registering.  I cannot get a prompt. I tried factory reset on one of the units to ensure any previous config was removed - still no luck.

The same console cable was used to connect to other Cisco devices and worked properly.  These AP's are being powered by switch PoE, and I have never had any issues using console on these units before. I have tried various flow control settings and speed settings on my terminal also tried break sequences for due diligence... - again, still no luck.  Any ideas or similar experiences out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: 1142 console connection issues

Make sure you have flow control disabled on your terminal emulation program.  Most Cisco devices don't care what this is set to but the wireless equipment will only respond if it is off.  You will see the output from the AP but it won't accept your input if you have any sort of flow control enabled.

2 REPLIES
Gold

Make sure you have flow control disabled on your terminal emulation program.  Most Cisco devices don't care what this is set to but the wireless equipment will only respond if it is off.  You will see the output from the AP but it won't accept your input if you have any sort of flow control enabled.

You rock.  Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content