cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

1142 wireless connectivity issue

Hi,

A quick suggestion needed. I have 4 1142 WAP with me. They are connected to my layer 3- switch via a layer 2 switch. it was for office use. I have configured all the trunk ports properly and allowed all needed vlan.

The problem arises when my client tries to access the network . It shows SSID and connectivity but it nt getting an Internet Access. I have enabled DHCP and pool is activated. even when i tried using a static IP address , client could not connect to internet or intranet.

I could see client did not configure Ip Default-gateway. After enabling it , it could access the network

My question is when we are connecting via Laptop do we need to have the default-gateway of respective vlan (IP Address of layer vlan congifured on layer 3 switch)

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 1142 wireless connectivity issue

Default gateway is always required on a client. If you don't have a default gateway, the client will only have access to the layer 2 network it is on.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

1142 wireless connectivity issue

Hi Thanks a lot

I was hoping to see this answer. A technical expert advised me it is not required

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 1142 wireless connectivity issue

You always need a default gateway. It's the only way to reach other subnets. If the post answered your question can you mark it answered as it helps when others run into the same question.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content