Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

1231 SSC / LWAPP problem

HI

I have just converted an 1231 AP to LWAPP mode and am trying to add it to my controller.

I am getting the errors as described in

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072d9a1.shtml#cause8

*Mar 1 00:00:25.871: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DISCOVERY

*Mar 1 00:00:25.921: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: LWAPP Crypto Init (SSC): no certs in the SSC Private File

*Mar 1 00:00:25.922: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: LWAPP Crypto Init: could not start PKI session

*Mar 1 00:00:25.922: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Failed to initialize Crypto. Rebooting

The stated resolution is :-

You have an SSC AP. Once you convert to LWAPP AP, add the SSC and its MAC address under the AP Authentication list in the controller

However, how do I determine the SHA1 Hash value that I need to provide when I add the AP to the Auth list ??

Also, when I run a lwapp (capwapp) debug on the controller I do not see ANY messages coming from this AP.

The controller (NM-WLC) is running 5.2.130 and the AP has the latest LWAPP code for the 1200 series.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 1231 SSC / LWAPP problem

I've seen this problem before. 1230's, ahhhh ... they were built differently.

Use the Cisco Upgrade Tool because it will synchronize with the WLC to generate a SSC.

You'll need to look into Security -> AP Policies.

8 REPLIES
Silver

How did you upgrade to LWAPP? Did you use Cisco's upgrade tool? It should have provided the hash when you performed the upgrade.

I've done this many times, it will come up right when you're able to find this hash and add it.

Community Member

No, I simply did a "archive download" as I did in the past for my other 2 AP's.

Is there a way for me to proceed from whar I am currently at ?

Or do I have to revert to Autonomous mode and then do the same process via the tool ?

Thanks

Silver

The problem may well be that your APs don't have a SSC then. I believe this is created when using the Cisco Upgrade Tool provided in the Wireless software downloads section of the site.

I personally don't know of a workaround other than to downgrade to autonomous and upgrade to lightweight using the tool. If someone else has an idea, maybe they could share. Otherwise, give this a whirl and see what happens.

Community Member

will using this SCC on both

will using this SCC on both the AP and the WLC affect other AP which connect to the WLC normally? i want to add this one old AP with the same issue but dont want create issues for one old AP which isnt really important.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I've seen this problem before. 1230's, ahhhh ... they were built differently.

Use the Cisco Upgrade Tool because it will synchronize with the WLC to generate a SSC.

You'll need to look into Security -> AP Policies.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thanks for the rating.

Community Member

Leo, we still need to upgrade

Leo, we still need to upgrade the SAP to LAP via Upgrade Tool when we got the certificates issue?

I've got 6 or 7 Bridges 1310 all with the same problem 

LWAPP Crypto Init: could not start PKI session
Failed to initialize Crypto.
Lwapp crypto context not initialized
CAPWAP changed state to DISCOVERY
LWAPP Crypto Init (SSC): no certs in the SSC Private File
LWAPP Crypto Init: could not start PKI session
Failed to initialize Crypto.
Rebooting ignore reload (FAILED CRYPTO INIT)

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can use the tool or you

You can use the tool or you can also run a command to get the ssc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/70341-manual-add-ssc.html

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content