cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1250 AP and client speeds not N

rhogsedjr
Level 1
Level 1

I have multipul Draft N cards (dell1505, Intel 4695) in different Laptops around the building. Yet none can recive the claimed N speeds or anything over 802.11g speeds even standing under the AP.

Was their something simple i missed, i purchased the 2 omni Ant for both 5ghz and 2.4 ghz and all are wall mounted in a Data center.

I folowed all setups and its on a Gig swtich, so im lost as to where i missed a step to enable the speeds.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roy,

You may be seeing this behaviour **;

**Note The 802.11n HT rates apply only to no encryption or WPA2/AES encryption. They do not apply to WEP or WPA encryption. If WEP or TKIP encryption is used, the 1250 series access points and any 802.11n Draft 2.0 clients will not transmit at the HT rates. Legacy rates (802.11a/b/g) will be used for any clients using WEP or TKIP encryption.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note For 1250 series access points, the maximum throughput for encrypted downstream traffic is lower than expected at higher data rates. (CSCsk07386)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/12_410b_JArn.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

my Cipher is set to AES CCMP with a WPAv2 required key with Open Authentication. and still no luck.

i did have TKIP before so that was a good start.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: