Views
Helpful
Replies

1260 AP Questions

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have three questions about the 1260 APS.

Can they run autonomously?

Can I have them by PoE from the PoE ports on a  asa5505?

Can I use 3, 2.4 dipole antennas and 3, 5.8 dipole antennas instead of the other external antennas that attach with the cables AIR-ANT2451NV-R?

Thanks, Pat.

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The answer to all three is yes.

For the directly connecting to the ASA, you can do it, but make sure you can configure the port as a trunk if you are going to have multiple SSID.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Stephen,

if I use 1 SSID and VLAN for 1 AP and 1 SSID and VLAN for the other, I should be fine with access ports, correct? Also, I could just keep  both SSIDs on the same VLAN and then apply both SSIDs to both APs, correct?

Thanks.

yup, that should be fine.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you catch my edit to my last post. I think you answered before I was able to edit it.

Thanks, Pat.

No, I didn't catch the edit.  But that should work.  If you are using the same SSID, then you want the AP on the same VLAN, so you can roam between them.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card